Wednesday 5 September 2007

Correction. And bragging

That Jim Carrey film - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. D'oh.

Anyhoo, been shooting. It was great. I was fairly rubbish, managing about a 25 percent strike rate, but as I've not been out with my shotgun for about a year I don't feel too bad about it.

There was one brief moment of glory - one of the other members of the group was having trouble with their gun, and eventually handed it to me to see if I could fire off the last cartridge. I asked for a clay to be sent over, then succeeded in blasting it into a bazillion tiny bits, with pretty much the whole group standing around, forced to watch me being great.

Rather spoiled the effect by being surprised I'd hit it and squealing like a big girl, I think.

Was told an excellent story in the pub afterwards.

One of the group worked in a launderette part time. One day a rather scruffy guy came in with a load of washing. She put it in the machine after he left, but soon realised there was something solid clanking about in there along with the clothes. She fished around and eventually located a big pebble.

She put it on top of the washing machine, grumbling about thoughtless customers leaving pebbles in their pockets, damaging their washing machines. After a while, a colleague came in for a chat. Outraged lady showed her the pebble, expressing her dismay at the carelessness of some people.

Second colleague looked at the pebble for some time, before informing the outraged lady that it was in fact a big lump of cannibis resin.

Apparently she also advised her not to put it in the tumble dryer.

2 comments:

badgerdaddy said...

Well, I didn't want to correct you about the film... It is an excellent movie and no mistake. Ordinarily, I am no fan of what'shisknackers, the writer, but that was class.

Anyway, just wanted to say...rockin' blog. Keep it coming.

You heard!

livesbythewoods said...

badgerdaddy, thank you. I'm pleased you enjoy it, and even more pleased that you told me so.


I love being told I'm great, me.