Saturday 22 December 2007

Closed

Not only are we losing the village Post Office in the near future (thanks, you bastards), we have also unexpectedly lost our organic farm shop.

Closed down more or less overnight, I suspect now in receivership, judging by the notices on the shop door. What a bloody shame. They made the best brioche rolls ever.

So, half the village ameneties lost in a few days.

Bloody great. Not such a big deal for those of us with transport, but how the fuck are the many elderly residents supposed to get stamps, pick up pensions, access their savings etc without a Post Office? Not everyone is on the interweb.

I'd try to be funny about it but I am far too angry.

4 comments:

Mr Farty said...

Ouch.

Nope, I can't think of anything funny about it either. Sorry.

Jon said...

Which village do you actually live in around here? Or do you not wish to disclose? I'm just trying to work out how near to me you actually are :)

livesbythewoods said...

Mr F, yep, it's bloody awful.

John, I pretty much drive past you on my way to work every day. Email me offline if you like.

Jon said...

I can't find your e-mail address!