Wednesday 16 January 2008

Cold

Bloody river is scary again. It's flooded out over the fields below the next village, and as I drove home from work it looked like it might be in danger of coming right over the bridge and onto the road.

I think our house will be ok, but it is worrying.

I have to go to London tomorrow so am hoping the trains actually make it there and back ok.

Other news: Feel like I am going down with a cold, which is tiresome. Especially as I am going to have to do a lot of talking tomorrow.

Work is becoming a degree less stressful as I have my new team in place, which makes a huge difference. And they seem pretty enthusiastic so far, too, so long may that continue. Just wish I felt a bit less crap today.

Had a nice guitar lesson yesterday. My lovely teacher is insisting I learn the barre chord version of songs I already know, so last night was Hendrix's "Hey Joe". It's a lot slower than the normal version but I'll get there in the end.

And I decided that "Bringing on the Hearbreak" works as an acoustic-y folk-y thing.

Which reminds me...who wants to come and see Whitesnake and Def Leppard? Spence? Andy?

Heh.

2 comments:

Spen said...

Whitesnake AND Def Leppard on the same billing? Speak to me IRL and give me more details.

livesbythewoods said...

Yep, it's true. A big hair night and no mistake.

I'll call you.