Thursday 24 January 2008

Not alone

Slightly less grumpy about things than I was yesterday, but still pretty pissed off. Still, my team have come up trumps and proved once again how great they all are, so that's good.

I am off work for a few days next week, and really feel like I need the break. Christmas already feels like years ago, even though it is less than a month.

Mr WithaY is off on a jaunt to the Red Sea to terrify fish by looming at them in his wetsuit, so I thought I would have a bit of time to myself as well. I was invited but as I don't dive* and don't really do sun, it seemed a bit pointless to spend a week sitting on a dive boat. In the sun.

Had a disapppointing guitar lesson last night as I was too cross and stressed to focus, and too sad to sing. Still, my lovely teacher persisted and taught me the intro to Purple Haze, so I must make sure I perfect it before I see him again.

He's such a sweetie.

I need to find some local guitarists to play with, though, as it makes such a difference when other people are involved. If anyone knows anyone in this area, let me know. And Andy, get down to the West more often, you selfish git. Heh.

And on the bright side, the sun is shining and the fields are less flooded than they were.

Hurrah.

And I have snowdrops in my garden. Spring approaches.

Other news: Met a fellow Magnum fan today. Yay!



*I have had a go, and enjoyed it, but my phobia about big fish means I can't relax under water for fear of being nudged by a huge finny bastard from behind.

4 comments:

Jon said...

Is a big finny bastard an actual fish that you have discovered? :)

livesbythewoods said...

Yes. His first name is Albert.

Anonymous said...

Magnum fan? The cold sort covered in chocolate or the one with the moustache?

livesbythewoods said...

Tony, neither. As you well know.

The pomp-rock band from the Midlands with the dreadful overdone "when will it end" stylee and funky album covers.

Although, to be fair, some of them did have moustaches when I saw them last.