Sunday 27 January 2008

Orange

Bastards.

My system has been having "issues" since Thursday evening, leaving me unable to run various web-based programmes, or to access certain websites.

Not even dodgy websites, mind, just normal sensible ones. Like the BT phone directory, for example.

Various helpful mates have tried stuff and offered advice but to no avail. This morning I found a forum which tells me that Orange are renowned for having all kinds of problems, news to me, thanks a lot, and that this kind of crap has left various of their customers without services for anything up to 9 weeks.

So. Am more than a little pissed off.

Can't play on-line games, can't check some of my emails, can't look up phone numbers, can't use various other services I need.*

Gah.



*Ok, want. But I am used to having everything in the world at my fingertips on demand, so it feels worse than it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apologies if you've already tried this! But I had trouble accessing certain sites at the weekend (nowt dodgy you understand.) I unplugged my orange box for a minute or so, plugged it back in and now it works fine.

Good luck!

Jon said...

In my official capacity as bringer of bad news, I can cofirm that Orange roughly equate to a very large pile of pooh....the sort of 'large' that makes people stop and stare when they drive past.

Hope it clears up soon.

livesbythewoods said...

Hi Tony, yeah did that whole "turn off, turn on again" thing.

Bloody Orange. They broke the internet.

John. Thanks. That's remarkably helpful.