Wednesday 16 July 2008

Electric shock

I have been at home today, waiting for the Man.

The Man in question is the fantastic local handyman, who can fix anything at all, ever. Even light switches that are intermittently rubbish, like the one outside our bathroom.

And radiators that have mysteriously stopped working even though you've checked the fuse. Like the one in our bathroom.

He turned up at about 11am, had a cup of tea*, looked at the light switch, made concerned noises, then took it to bits. We had to help him read what was written on it because apparently our eyes are better, being younger and all. Both Mr WithaY and I being speccy twats, I am not sure I agree with that theory, but still.

A similar pattern followed with the radiator. Cup of tea (the same one, he's not greedy), concerned noises, examination of various bits and our help in reading the details writetn on it.

And then he left.

When will he be back? We have no idea. Will he fix the light switch? Or the radiator? Who knows?

He's like one of those mythical heroes, who arrive when least expected, when all hope is gone. At least, that's what I am telling myself as I brush my teeth in the dark.

Other news: Watched "Meet Joe Black" on dvd this evening. Not really a feel-good movie, is it? But it did have Brad Pitt being diffident and half naked which is always worth a look, in my opinion.

*Two sugars and have you got any biscuits my dear?

2 comments:

Caro said...

Uh oh. I hope all is fixed by now.

livesbythewoods said...

Caro, it is getting there, thank you!