Monday 28 July 2008

The flies...the heat....

Still too hot.

Never happy, me. Spent the morning trawling slowly through my emails and trying to tidy up loose ends. Just as well I don't have any meetings today, because my brain has turned into a heap of noodles from the heat.

I might take a load of reading home this afternoon and do it in the shade in the garden.

It's remarkably oppressive in here. I guess it's only about 25 degrees but because we can't keep the bloody windows open (the slightest gust of wind and they slam shut) the office is very stuffy. I have a fan on my desk* but if I have it facing me, it is too annoying, so I have it set up to blow air around without actually getting me in the face.

My brother-in-law is convinced our family has a vampire gene somewhere because Middle Sis and I keep out of the sun wherever possible.

He may be right. I do have remarkably sharp teeth.



*The electrical type, not someone telling me how great they think I am all day long. Maybe I should advertise that as a job.

No comments: