Sunday 7 August 2011

Nothing ever happens

Notable events of today:

1) Completed all of the ironing whilst watching a dreadful sci-fantasy film about dragons and that. Shame on you, Jeremy Irons, what were you thinking?

2) Did an impressively competent job of mending a right-angle rip in one of Mr WithaY's shirts. I quite like mending, it's like dressmaking without all the tiresome cutting out and machining of seams.

3) Ran around the house unplugging electrical appliances when there was a thunderstorm this afternoon. I look forward to discovering what I forgot to turn back on over the next day or two.

4) Bit a huge - seriously huge - lump out of the inside of my cheek whilst eating an apricot. I was spitting blood into the sink for half an hour afterwards. Nice.

Mr WithaY is away for the week. I'm lonely. Does it show?

3 comments:

Desiree said...

I love Jeremy Irons ever since Brideshead revisited, but I kind of lost track.

rachel said...

Lonely maybe, but surely that's no excuse for self-harming? And cheek-biting is SO painful too!!

livesbythewoods said...

Desiree, hello. He did his best in this film, but it was truly dire, sadly.

Rachel, anything for attention, you know me.